Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Stanza


Definition: Number of lines that form a group of a poem.

Example:

I Am Fast and Fun

I am fast and fun.
I can dream, dreams that nobody has dreamt before.
I would go on adventures all over the world.
I want to write out my imagination.
I enjoy seeing peace.

I am fast and fun.
I want to fly and taste the air.
I am not afraid to say what I want.
I feel such smooth things that touch my fingers.
I find such pretty things in nature.

I am fast and fun.
I want to be a soccer star.
I think hard about things.
I wonder where we go when we fade.
I feel so great when I help someone.

Tasha (Age 9)

Significance: We use stanza to separate each part of the poem. It make the reader understand easier, and also, maybe each stanza, it has it's own meaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment